Table of contents
The following table lists some boards for which you need to generate a .jic file to program the flash configuration device.
|Board||FPGA||Flash memory**||Configuration sheme|
|TEI0003||Cyclone 10 LP||EPCQ16A||AS/Standard|
|TEI0006*||Cyclone 10 GX||MT25QU01G||AS/Standard|
|TEI0009||Cyclone 10 LP||EPCQ16A ... EPCQ32A||AS/Standard|
*Configuration sheme depends on current Firmware, see Firmware description
**for correct flash memory device see the schematics of the board
Convert .sof to .jic
Do following steps to convert the .sof file to .jic:
- Compile your quartus project to generate a .sof file
- Select "File → Convert Programming files" from the quartus top menu
Make the following settings in the "Convert Programming File" window
- Programming file type: JTAG Indirect Configuration File (.jic)
- Configuration device: (see Board overview → Flash memory)
(if the memory device is not listed click "..." button next to the dropdown menu, select correct Device family and in the Configuration Device section the correct memory device)
- Mode: Active Serial
File name: specify the target directory and the output file name
Highlight "Flash Loader" in "Input files to convert" window
Click "Add Device...", select correct Device family and Device name and click "OK"
Highlight "SOF Data" in "Input files to convert" window
Click "Add File...", browse to the .sof file you want to convert and click "open"
Highlight selected .sof file
- Click "Properties", enable "Compression" and click "OK"
- Click "Generate" to start converting the file
You can use the Quartus Programmer to program the flash configuration device with the .jic file.