Petalinux PetaLinux is brand name used by Xilinx, it is based on Yocto and pretty decent mainstream kernel, what Petalinux adds is the HSI (Hardware Software Interface from Vivado) and special tools for boot image creation.
Getting Linux working on Zynq is very simple, following steps are required
- Vivado/SDK/Petalinux PetaLinux 2015.4 Installedinstalled
- Create Vviado Vivado Project, configure PS, Export HDF
- Ceate new petalinux PetaLinux project
- Import HDF into project
- copy boot.bin and image.ub to SD Card
This is generic howtohow-to, everything is setup for your by the Vivado->Petalinux >PetaLinux flow. Note, the boot.bin generated by petalinux PetaLinux may not always work, in such case it is recommended to make the boot.bin with SDK-GUI or command line tools manually.
There is no need to install anything else, or to fetch anything from any github repos, etc.
- Download PetaLinux from Xilinx Website: http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html
- Choose a PetaLinux Version, that's corresponding to the installed Vivado and SDK Version.
- Use UG1144 "PetaLinux Tools Documentation - Reference Guide" for your SDK that's corresponding with your PetaLinux Version
- Check "PetaLinux Tools Installation Requirements" chapter and install missing tool/libraries
- Use installation instructions from chapter "PetaLinux Tools Installation Steps"
- Please check Petalinux Installation Guide (Follow the link on the Download Website or see References)
- Note: it It is recommended to test the installation by creating a dummy template project and building it.