Table of Content
|Table of Contents|
Getting Linux working on Zynq is very simple, following steps are required
- Vivado/SDK/Petalinux 2015.4 Installed
- Create Vviado Project, configure PS, Export HDF
- Ceate new petalinux project
- Import HDF into project
- copy boot.bin and image.ub to SD Card
This is generic howto, everything is setup for your by the Vivado->Petalinux flow. Note, the boot.bin generated by petalinux may not always work, in such case it is recommended to make the boot.bin with SDK GUI or command line tools manually.
There is no need to install anything else, or to fetch anything from any github repos, etc.
- Download PetaLinux from Xilinx Website: http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html
- Choose a PetaLinux Version, that's corresponding to the installed Vivado Version.
- Use UG1144 "PetaLinux Tools Documentation - Reference Guide" for your SDK Version
- Check "PetaLinux Tools Installation Requirements" chapter and install missing tool/libraries
- Use installation instructions from chapter "PetaLinux Tools Installation Steps"
- Please check Petalinux Installation Guide (Follow the link on the Download Website or see References)
- Note: it is recommended to test the installation by creating a dummy template project and building it.