Table of contents
CPLD Firmware Update - General Requirements
- Lattice Diamond or Lattice Diamond Programmer is available for free on http://www.latticesemi.com/
- Lattice compatible JTAG Programmer, for example:
- Trenz TE0790 or Carrier with FTDI for JTAG
- Most JTAG programmer, which used FTDI Chip to translate USB to JTAG
- Digilent FTDI based programmer are not compatible with Lattice.
- JTAG must be connected to CPLD JTAG
- JTAG Enable Pin of CPLD must be selectable and set to VDD
- Correct CPLD Firmware (JED-File) from Trenz Electronic Download
CPLD Firmware Update - General Procedure
- Connect only one JTAG device to host PC.
- Close all other JTAG programs, like Xilinx tools (on WinOS check hw_server.exe is terminated).
- Enable CPLD JTAG access (See JTAG section on CPLD Firmware description)
- Connect JTAG
- Power on System
- Open Lattice Diamond Programmer
- Detect Cable and click "Ok"
For some devices second Port must be selected:
- Select Device (See CPLD Firmware overview description).
In the most cases select the correct detected device one time (it's yellow at first on the menue)
- Select correct Firmware from Download Area (JED File)
- Program CPLD:
- Disable CPLD JTAG access (See JTAG section on CPLD Firmware description)
- Restart System
More Information are available on the CPLD Firmware description and on the readme.txt included into the download zip.
TEF1001 CPLD Access
- Use TE0790 with TE0791 Adapter
- TE0790 Standard Firmware
- TE0790 DIP 1:ON,2OFF,3:OFF,4ON
- Use TE0791 J8 Pin Header
- Connect TE0791 J8 to TEF1001 J8 on Bottom (TE0790 USB Connector must look away from TEF1001)
- TEF1001 J8 Pinout:1:TMS,2:TDI,3:TDO,4:TCK,5:GND,6:3.3V
Available CPLD Firmware
- TEF1001-REV01 CPLD - Firmware description