Table of Content
Compressed folder, containing all necessary files for the demo - Download-Link
The compressed folder needs to be extracted, so that the contend can be used inside other programs.
The demo itself requires the installation of Visual Analog (Version 220.127.116.11) - Download Link
Setting up Visual Analog and running the data capture demo
- Determine the modules COM port number
- Open the device manager, right click onto windows start menu symbol and select device manager
Open ports and identify the port used by the module, the number is here marked with an X
- Setup Visual Analog
Start Visual Analog and open a Blank canvas
Via File → Open point to the file AnalogMAX_DAQ1_Capture.vac from the demo folder.
Press Tools → External Tools... to prepare the usage of adcapture.exe, in the new appearing window
Click Add in the new opened window and insert the name "adcapture" in the Display Text.
Click Browse... and select the file "adcapture.exe" from the downloaded demo.
Into Arguments insert "COMX,115200 1024 c:\temp\capture.txt 7", where the X in COMX
is a placeholder for your comport number.
To finish the setup press OK.
COM14 - COM port which is used for the connection.
115200 - Baud rate which is used for the connection.
1024 - Amount of K samples to read, minimum 64 and maximum is 1024.
c:\temp\capture.txt - File name and path which specifies where to storage the data.
7 - Command to adjust the gain, possible values are:
1 for a gain of 1, 2 for a gain of 2, 4 for a gain of 4 and 8 for a gain of 8
- Launch adcapture
- To run the demo, select the above inserted tool by selecting Tools → adcapture, a new window opens
The window shows the activity of the tool "adcapture", the picture below shows its state when it is finished
In Visual Analog, use "F5" or press Canvas → Run to update the screen
Quick test with a terminal program
- Figure out the correct COM port number for the AnalogMAX DAQ1 board
- Open the device manager.
Open ports and identify the port used by the AnalogMAX DAQ1 as visible in Figure 10.
- Open terminal and set the parameters (example use for putty).
- Set the connection type to Serial.
- Set the "Serial line" to your above found COM port.
- Set the "Speed" to 115200.
- Use "Open" to start the connection.
- Type following character for the appropriate usage.
- "?" to get the ID (AnalogMAX DAQ1 will return "1", DAQ2 will return "2")
- "t" to trigger ADC capture into the memory - 1M samples.
- "." to get one ADC sample.
- "+" to get 128 samples.
- "*" to get 16*1024 samples.