Table of contents
- Connect MiniUSB cable to J28 XMOD (XMOD2 label)
- Set TEBF0808 DIP Switch S4-3 in ON position
- Power ON the board (ATX Power or external 12V)
- Run "Lattice Diamond Programmer"
Select "Create new project from JTAG chain" and press "OK"
Select Port: FTUSB-1
After scan 2 MachXO2 devices should be detected in chain
- Select "LCMXO2-1200HC" as "Device" for both columns.
In first column click to "File Name" and then to "...". Select "SCM_*.jed" file (Master CPLD File).
In second column click to "File Name" and then to "...". Select "SCS_*.jed" file (SlaveCPLD File).
Run "Design"->"Program" from main menu
Wait operations to complete
Available CPLD Firmware
- TEBF0808 CPLD - Firmware description with different Variants for PCB REV03/04 and newer
- Default delivered Firmware (SCM_07A_default.jed/SCS_07A_default.jed)
- Power Down Disabled (SCM_07B_powerdown_disabled.jed/SCS_07B_powerdown_disabled.jed) -can be used to power on with main power supply, if Jumper is add to J10-6 and J10-8 instead of Enclosure Button
- MicroSD Boot Disabled (SCM_07C_msdboot_disabled.jed/SCS_07C_msdboot_disabled.jed) -for designs where microSD should not change the boot mode.
- It's recommended to update always both CPLDs together
- TEBF0808/<PCB Revision>/Firmware/
- Use files from the subfolders of your PCB revision
CPLD Firmware Update - General Requirements
- Lattice Diamond or Lattice Diamond Programmer is available for free on http://www.latticesemi.com/
- Lattice compatible JTAG Programmer, for example:
- Trenz TE0790 or Carrier with FTDI for JTAG
- Most JTAG programmer, which used FTDI Chip to translate USB to JTAG
- Digilent FTDI based programmer are not compatible with Lattice.
- JTAG must be connected to CPLD JTAG
- JTAG Enable Pin of CPLD must be selectable and set to VDD
- Correct CPLD Firmware (JED-File) from Trenz Electronic Download
CPLD Firmware Update - General Procedure
- Connect only one JTAG device to host PC.
- Close all other JTAG programs, like Xilinx tools (on WinOS check hw_server.exe is terminated).
- Enable CPLD JTAG access (See JTAG section on CPLD Firmware description)
- Connect JTAG
- Power on System
- Open Lattice Diamond Programmer
- Detect Cable and click "Ok"
For some devices second Port must be selected:
- Select Device (See CPLD Firmware overview description).
In the most cases select the correct detected device one time (it's yellow at first on the menue)
- Select correct Firmware from Download Area (JED File)
- Program CPLD:
- Disable CPLD JTAG access (See JTAG section on CPLD Firmware description)
- Restart System
More Information are available on the CPLD Firmware description and on the readme.txt included into the download zip.