Vivado projects are delivered in most cases as "re-create scripts" that re-build the projects when executed. See: Design Examples
There are 3 options to create the Vivado project from the Trenz Electronic Project Delivery.
Option 1 Create Trenz Electronic reference project with the delivered batch/bash-files (recommended):
Command files for execution will be generated with "_create_win_setup.cmd" on Windows OS and "_create_linux_setup.sh" on Linux OS.
Since 2018.3 special "Module Selection Guide" is included into "_create_win_setup.cmd" and "_create_linux_setup.sh"
- Execute "_create_win_setup.cmd" or "_create_linux_setup.sh"
- Select "Module Selection Guide" (press "0" and Enter)
- Follow instructions
For older Reference Designs:
- open generated "design_basic_settings.cmd/sh" in the main project folder with text editor and set correct vivado path and board part number
- run "vivado_create_project_guimode.cmd/sh"
- Project will be generate and open automatically (additional optional TE TCL - functions are available).
- Detailed description how to use the reference design are available on Project Delivery - Xilinx devices
- All 2017.2 and newer reference designs has also a Wiki documentation, see links on TE Reference Designs Overview
Option 2 Create Trenz Electronic reference project with Vivado TCL-shell:
- create sub-folder ./v_log in the base reference project directory
- open Vivado tcl-Shell (Vivado Version must be the same as the project zip files version)
- change the directory to the ./vlog folder on the reference project
create help function, type:
to create a Vivado project replace %PARTNUMBER% in the code block with the correct board number from ./board_files/TEC0725_board_files.csv and type:
- Project will be generated automatically (additional optional TE-TCL-functions are available).
- Detailed Description how to use the reference design are written on Project Delivery - Xilinx devices
Option 3 Create Trenz Electronic reference project manually without scripts (not recommended):
- Install Board Part files from the reference project, as described in option 2 or option 3 from Vivado Board Part Flow Installation
- Create new empty Vivado Project (without import any files, select only the correct board part) (Vivado Version must be the same as the project zip files version)
- Set Local IP Path: "Project Manager" → IP Catalog → Right click → Add Repositories : Select ./ip_lip from the reference project
- Add XDC-Constrains: "Project Manager" → Add Sources → Add or create constrains: Select the correct ./constrains/*.xdc from the reference project
- Load Block Design: Select Tools → Run TCL Script...: Select the correct ./block_design/*_bd.tcl from the reference project
- Project will be generated automatically (no additional TE-TCL-functions are available).
- Attention: All project deliveries are for multi assembly option support and the provided scripts select the correct sources. So all manual imports must be done for the correct module!