NIOS II Design with SDRAM Controller and 5 different LED sequences, that can be toggled using the user button.
Reference Design is available on:
- Open file "test_board.quar"
- Select Tools → Platform Designer from Quartus menu
- Open file "NIOS_test_board.qsys" in Platform Designer
- Open the component "onchip_ram" (double-click)
- Enable "Initialize memory content" and "Enable non-default initialization file" at Memory initialization, if disabled
- Specify Path for User created initialization file. You can find the file at \software\test_board\mem_init\NIOS_test_board_onchip_ram.hex
- Select Generate → Generate HDL... from the Platform Designer menu
The Generate Generation window will appear
Select "VHDL" as the synthesis language and "None" from the simulation model dropdown menu
Unselect Select “Create block symbol file(.bsf)”, if not selected
- Click Generate and close Platform Designer
- Select Processing → Start Compilation from the Quartus menu to compile the Design
- Do step 1 to step 3 from section Programming → FPGA SRAM JTAG, if not done yet
- If the correct configuration file is not set:
- Delete other files
- Click "Add file..."
- select Select the correct *.pof file (Path: <project_directory>\output_files\test_board.pof)
- Click start
- Open Serial Console "PuTTY"
- Change settings in category "Session"
- Connection Type: Serial
- COM Port: see device manager (Win OS)
- Speed: 115200
- Select "Implicit CR in every LF" in category "Terminal"
- Click Apply Open
- Press reset button at module
- SDRAM test is running
- Flash test is running
- After the tests finished, you can toggle between following LED sequences by pressing user button
- Spirit level
- Case statement sequence
- Shift register sequence
- Knightrider sequence
- Pulse-width modulation sequence